There are no trips currently scheduled for Guatemala. Please check back for updates or feel free to inquire through the form on the Contact Us page.
Guatemala is a traveler’s delight for history lovers and nature buffs. Guatemala is one of the most bio-diverse and historically significant countries in Central America. Guatemala is bordered by Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, and Belize. Guatemala has a predominantly mountainous landscape, with narrow coastal plains and limestone plateaus. The unique blend of the country’s ancient Mayan ruins and its colonial ancestry combine with expansive landscapes decorated with colorful plants and diverse wildlife present the traveler with breathtaking beauty and gorgeous landscapes.
Rural Guatemala exhibits one of the most extreme combinations of poverty and illiteracy in the hemisphere. The indigenous people that inhabit these regions suffer from malnutrition (rates among the worst in the world), poor health outcomes, extreme racism, illiteracy, and low levels of educational accomplishment. Together, these conditions virtually guarantee that future generations will not improve.
4 the World operates from San Andres and does the majority of its work in Petén which is a department of the nation of Guatemala. Petén is geographically the northernmost department of Guatemala, as well as the largest municipality in size in Guatemala. In 2013, 4 the World received an honor never before bestowed upon any non-profit. By official government decree, the organization 4 the World and its Founder Robert Keith Froom were named “International Ambassador” to San Andres Petén Guatemala, the largest municipality in all of Central America.
4 the World opened an Education and Training Center in San Andres, Petén in late November 2013 bringing Internet to the community as well as an ESL program recognized by the Ministry of Education.
4 the World has also launched a new Scholarship Program, providing scholarships to students for Primary, High School, Career School and Universities in Guatemala.
Make a commitment to share your kindness and compassion with needy children and adults by volunteering in Guatemala. You’ll have the chance to get to know one of the richest cultures in the world, and you’ll have a choice of different service projects. While you’re giving of yourself, the people will be giving to you as well as, a lifetime of memories, friendship and gratitude. 4 the World’s volunteer Guatemala projects offer you the most affordable international humanitarian experiences available.
- Escuela Christian Futuro, San Andres, Petén- Computer Center [image]
- Puesto de Salud, San Andres, Petén- Medical Clinic Support [image]
- Guatemala Feeding Program [image]
- 4 the World Education & Training Center, San Andres, Petén [image]
- Escuela Basico Por Cooperativa Y Deversificado, Sac Puy, San Andres, Petén- Refurbishment [image]
- Vision Correction Program, San Andres, Petén- Health Care [image]
- School of the Future Program, Department of Petén- Education [image]
- Escuela El Cruce Perdido Rural Mixta, Cruce Perdido, San Andres, Petén- Refurbishment [image]
- Escuela Barrio Norte Rural Mixta Sac Puy San Andres Petén- Refurbishment [image]
- Escuela Official Mixta Barrio Norte San Andres, Petén Classroom Construction Project [image]
- Scholarship Program