4 the World will set up a computer center for communities that have little or no access to computers or create a library for a school without books or resources or feeding center to provide nourishing meals to its students. 4 the World’s education projects can even involve providing safe water for students throughout the year.
Since these schools also serve as hurricane shelters our projects provide safety to entire communities during natural disasters. Projects are selected based on the needs defined by our host communities and the various project stakeholders. Projects are executed in collaboration with a cross section of the host community, with project ownership and overall leadership ultimately resting on the community members themselves. Teams of 4 the World Project Coordinators work with our host communities assessing needs, thinking creatively, and setting long-term goals for sustainable development projects.
Project Planning Steps
- Listen to community leaders and assess their needs and project proposals.
- Work with the community to create a budget, assess and agree on the community collaboration
- Assign 4 the World funds and match individuals or groups of participants with the project
- Establish a project timeline and begin work
- Thoughtfully execute and evaluate the work
- Unveil completed project
- Calla Creek School, Calla Creek Village, Cayo District- Refurbishing/Tech Support
- Hidden Paradise School, Duck Run 3 Village, Cayo District – Refurbishing/Tech Support
- La Gracia School, La Gracia Village, Cayo District – Refurbishing/Tech Support
- Buena Vista School, Buena Vista Village, Cayo District – Refurbishing/Tech Support
- Iguana Creek School, Selena Village, Cayo District – Refurbishment
- Professional Development for Teachers, Cayo District
- Escuela Christian Futuro, San Andres, Petén- Computer Center
- Guatemala Feeding Program
- Escuela Basico Por Cooperativa Y Deversificado, Sac Puy, San Andres, Petén- Refurbishment
- School of the Future Program, Department of Petén- Education
- Escuela El Cruce Perdido Rural Mixta, Cruce Perdido, San Andres, Petén- Refurbishment
- Escuela Barrio Norte Rural Mixta Sac Puy San Andres Petén- Refurbishment
- Escuela Official Mixta Barrio Norte San Andres, Petén Classroom Construction Project